One of my favorite holidays is just around the corner, and, to celebrate, I’ve put together a giveaway! This will end at midnight on Halloween, and one winner (picked at random from the comments below) will get these treats:
- a PLANT WEEDS: THE “S” MAKES IT LEGAL t-shirt. It’s a unisex size XL in a nice dark chocolate brown.
- a copy of Rosemary Gladstar’s Medicinal Herbs: A Beginner’s Guide
- three travel-sized spray bottles of Urban Moonshine bitters (one each of their maple, original, and chamomile bitters)
I’m pretty excited about this little package:
Urban Moonshine bitters – in addition to being delicious – are ideal to have around during the approaching holiday season. You can read here all about how bitters help curb sugar cravings, balance the appetite, soothe gas and bloating, and relieve upset stomach. There are always more sweets around than usual through November and December and – whether I want to pass on having an extra cookie at work or alleviate the effects of indulging at a family party – I find it’s a huge help to have bitters close to hand. These little spray bottles are convenient and also just fun. Urban Moonshine’s maple bitters are a delicious choice for the bitters newbie (or anyone who’s mad about maple). Their original bitters are yummy and complex, and the chamomile bitters are beautifully aromatic and soothing. I’m a big fan of dandelions (as you can tell from the seed featured on the “Plant Weeds” t-shirts), and all three of these contain organic dandelion root and leaf.
Rosemary Gladstar‘s Medicinal Herbs is a perfect introduction to herbalism for the beginner, but also has tons of material and recipes for more experienced herbalists. This is the book I like to keep on hand to give to people who you can tell really want to try herbalism but just haven’t taken that first step yet. The photography is gorgeous and – like most, probably all, of Storey Publishing‘s books – the design and layout are inviting and easy to use. Rosemary’s style of writing is personable and rich, and her instructions are accessible and practical. This book features sections on 33 easy to obtain plants, including culinary herbs like basil and turmeric as well as wild and weedy species like dandelion and plantain. There are plenty of recipes in this book for enjoying during winter months, but it’ll also have you planning your garden and forays into foraging come spring. You might even decide to set aside some space in your garden for weeds!
The PLANT WEEDS – THE “S” MAKES IT LEGAL shirt is my own design, and is locally printed by Amalgamated Culture Works. It’s made of super soft organic cotton. You can read more about these t-shirts here, and if you can’t wait until November to find out if you’ve won, you can order one here.
How can you enter to win these goodies? I’m glad you asked! You can enter up to four times. When you log in to leave a comment, make sure to enter a correct and valid email address, so I’ll be able to get in touch with you. Leave a comment for each individual entry:
- What’s one of your favorite weeds? Do you harvest it? Have you planted it? Tell me in the comments of this post.
- Visit a Vaguely Bohemian shop. Poke around a little. Come back and – in a comment on this post – tell me what’s most important to you about these shirts (that they’re organic? that they’re printed locally?) or something you’d like to see (e.g. a different color or fabric).
- Follow Vaguely Bohemian via your method of choice, e.g. email (sign up in the righthand sidebar, under “Stay in the Know”) or twitter (@vaguelybohemian). Comment and tell me you’ve done this. Are you already following Vaguely Bohemian? Comment and tell me so.
PLEASE NOTE: You can also find Vaguely Bohemian on Facebook, but following on Facebook is excluded from this method of entry, due to Facebook’s terms.
- Share this giveaway, or a Vaguely Bohemian shop, via your method of choice. This might be word of mouth, on your own blog, on twitter, etc. Comment on this post and tell me you’ve done this.
PLEASE NOTE: Sharing on Facebook is excluded from this method of entry, due to Facebook’s terms.
Good luck! The entry period ends at midnight EST on 10/31/15, and the winner will be drawn on 11/1.
Giveaway ends 10/31/15 at midnight EST. Open to residents of the US only. (Shipping address must be in the US.) Winner will be selected randomly and be notified by email. Winner will have 48 hours to respond before a new winner is selected. Vaguely Bohemian will send the prize to the winner directly. The products offered for the giveaway are free of charge, no purchase necessary. This giveaway is administered by Vaguely Bohemian only, and Facebook and Twitter are in no way associated with this giveaway. If you have any additional questions – feel free to send us an email!